In paragraph 1, "Personal data" means data relating directly or indirectly to an individual from which it is practicable for the identity of the individual to be directly or indirectly ascertained. Personal data is collected for the purposes of expressing interest in collaboration, making online donations, signing up for volunteers, etc. Such information may include name, date of birth, occupation, email address, correspondence address, telephone number, country of residence, identity reference, and credit card or bank account information.
In paragraph 2, "User information" are collected to compile statistical reports and diagnose problems with, or concerning, computer systems to help improve the Website. CollaborateHK may make a record of your visit which shows your domain name server address, IP address, operating system, browser type and the pages you have visited. We may also obtain information about your general Internet usage to help us improve the Website by using "cookies" which are stored on the hard drive of your computer. Information gathered by using cookies may include the date and time of visits, the pages viewed, time spent at the Website, and the web sites you visited immediately before and after the Website.
CollaborateHK is committed to complying with the provision of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance and your Personal data will be treated as strictly confidential.
- Personal data is collected by lawful and fair means and only used for lawful purposes directly related to the functions and activities of CollaborateHK, to safeguard web users’ personal information in respect of its collection, use, retention security, transfer and access.
- We shall take reasonably practical steps to ensure that personal data collected and retained are accurate and protected against unauthorized or accidental access, processing, erasure or other use.
- Your Personal data may be used for purposes of communications, receipt issuance, fundraising, volunteer recruitment, survey administration and purposes in line with the mission of CollaborateHK.
- Under the Hong Kong Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, you have the right of access and correction with respect to Personal data. Request for Personal data access and correction should be made to CollaborateHK in writing. In addition, if you do not wish to receive any communication relating to any services concerning CollaborateHK or this Website, you may contact us at (852) 2850 6678 or mail the request to CollaborateHK, 14/F Malaysia Building, 50 Gloucester Road, Wan Chai, Hong Kong.
- When you make a donation through the Website, your personal information will be securely encrypted and credit card information will be passed to a third party (such as a bank) only where necessary for the purpose of processing the donation payment. CollaborateHK will not disclose any of the credit card information to any other third party.
The Website may provide or assist in providing links to third-party websites through the web interface. The links are produced solely as a convenience to users of the Website.
- CollaborateHK shall not have or accept any liability, obligation or responsibility whatsoever for any loss, destruction or damage (including without limitation consequential loss, destruction or damage) howsoever arising from or in respect of any personal information about you which third-party websites may collect.
CollaborateHK will not guarantee that information transmitted through the Website or any electronic mail (email) will be secure, since such information or email sent over the Internet is not secure.
In the event of any inconsistency or ambiguity between the English version and the Chinese version of these Terms and Conditions of Use, the English version shall prevail.
Version 1.0 (last updated on 1 September 2021)